Experiencing the Arena Grand Movie Theatre
As a downtown Columbus resident, I love being able to walk just a few blocks to the Arena Grand for a movie. Not only does it feel good to support a locally owned and operated independent movie theatre, I can also enjoy some Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream at the movies! (Does it really get better than that?) Plus, the Arena Grand’s location makes it perfect for bar food with friends before or after the movie.
Need some more convincing? I’ve rounded up 5 reasons why you should check out the Arena Grand:
1. Giant, comfy seats with plenty of legroom. Legroom isn’t just an issue for flying or travel, but also for movies. Do you hate it when, in the middle of the movie, you have to completely move because someone has to exit? Or do you hate having to ask people to move? At Arena Grand, there’s plenty of room for you to walk without interrupting others’ movie experience. The stadium-style seats are comfortable and cushioned, which is perfect when you arrive early for a new release.
2. Rewards—because everyone loves perks. The Arena Grand offers a free rewards program for movie lovers. Do you want 10% off all concessions, plus exclusive deals and promotions? Come to the Arena Grand frequently enough to become a Silver Screen member and you’ll automatically receive complimentary parking validation. (But don’t worry—parking is just $1 if you bring your parking ticket in to be stamped.)
3. Full service bar and bistro. If you’re tired of soda, popcorn, and candy, why not try something different. Arena Grand’s bistro has pizza, wraps, salads, sandwiches, and more. Plus you can combine the best of happy hour and date night with a drink! When I came to Arena Grand for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II, I loved that the Arena Grand also had specialty cocktails based on the movie. Butterbeer, anyone?
4. Reserved seating. Have you ever wished that a movie theatre had assigned seating like a flight? Or are you perpetually late to movies? Plan in advance and pick up a reserved seat! For just $3.50, you’ll get a specific seat number in a different area. The seats are even larger than the regular seats—and they’re leather. If you’re ever attending a movie that’s at the risk of selling out, be sure to reserve your seat in advance.
5. Air conditioning. Don’t underestimate the power of temperature-controlled environments. Though this might not sound so exciting right now, this summer’s massive heat wave and power outages meant a lot of people were miserable at home in 90+ degree heat. With many movie theatres out of power, people flocked to the Arena Grand—just steps away from downtown Columbus and the Short North—for a day at the movies. While there are no guarantees about power, the Arena Grand was perfectly cool, dark, and comfy during the blistering heat.