Experiencing the Theatre at Studio Movie Grill – Arena District
As a downtown Columbus resident, I love being able to walk just a few blocks to Studio Movie Grill for a movie. Not only does it feel good to sit back and relax in super comfy seats, I can also enjoy a variety of specialty drinks and cocktails, right at the movies! (Does it really get better than that?) Plus, Studio Movie Grill’s location makes it the perfect stop to begin a night out on the town and enjoy all of the fun Columbus events that happen to be taking place right next to me.
Need some more convincing? I’ve rounded up 5 reasons why you should check out Studio Movie Grill:
1. Giant, comfy seats with plenty of legroom. Legroom isn’t just an issue for flying or travel, but also for movies. Do you hate it when, in the middle of the movie, you have to completely move because someone has to exit? Or do you hate having to ask people to move? At Arena Grand, there’s plenty of room for you to walk without interrupting others’ movie experience. The stadium-style seats are comfortable and cushioned, which is perfect when you arrive early for a new release.
2. Rewards—because everyone loves parking perks. Studio Movie Grill offers $2 parking for anyone coming to see a movie!
3. Full service bar and bistro. If you’re tired of soda, popcorn, and candy, why not try something different. Studio Movie Grill’s menu has pizza, wraps, salads, sandwiches, and more. Plus you can combine the best of happy hour and date night with a drink! When I came to Studio Movie Grill for the premiere of Fifty Shades of Grey, I loved that the bar also had specialty cocktails based on the movie. Yum!
4. Reserved seating. Have you ever wished that a movie theatre had assigned seating like a flight? Or are you perpetually late to movies? Plan in advance and pick up a reserved seat! The seats are even larger than the regular seats—and they’re leather. If you’re ever attending a movie that’s at the risk of selling out, be sure to reserve your seat in advance.
5. Air conditioning. Don’t underestimate the power of temperature-controlled environments. Though this might not sound so exciting right now, this summer’s massive heat wave and power outages meant a lot of people were miserable at home in 90+ degree heat. With many movie theatres out of power, people flocked to the Arena Grand—just steps away from downtown Columbus and the Short North—for a day at the movies. While there are no guarantees about power, Studio Movie Grill was perfectly cool, dark, and comfy during the blistering heat.