Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Columbus
Please be aware the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is happening this Saturday, May 20 beginning at 8:45 a.m. and concluding by 11:00 a.m. Estimated attendance: 28,000 – the largest Race for the Cure in the country! With this many participants and spectators in downtown Columbus, expect traffic delays Saturday morning. Police will work to direct traffic in the area.
- There will be long rolling street closures along the route as the race progresses, specifically: Park St., Front St., Nationwide Blvd., and Neil Ave.
- A water stop will be located near the corner of Nationwide Blvd. and Neil Ave.
Please keep other downtown road closures in mind:
– Broad Street between High and Third will close by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
– High Street between Town and Broad will close by 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 20.
– Front Street between Broad and Spring will close by 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 20.
All roads on the course will close by 8:00 a.m. and will begin to open by 12:00 p.m.
Day of schedule:
7 AM: The Expo opens on Broad Street between High and Third
7 AM: SurvivorPalooza opens on the west side of the Ohio Statehouse
8 AM: The Survivor Ceremony begins on the south side of City Hall, or Broad and Front Streets.
8:45 AM: The 5K Run begins, immediately followed by the 5K Walk and Family Fun Walk.
Susan G. Komen Columbus celebrates 25 years of making a difference in the fight against breast cancer. Honor those we’ve lost and bring hope and promise to so many currently fighting. More information can be found at their website.